About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Exploring

Yesterday afternoon we took a long drive to explore the area. Drove into some of the older areas of Lake Havasu City with with the older small modest homes and then into some of the new developing areas with the huge homes with 12' door RV garages. Then we drove a few miles south of the city and found this road into a park that goes back into the desert.
We stopped at the entrance to a hiking trail and met Teresa Hellermann from Marionette, WI. We are always amazed at how small the world seems as we seem to meet people with mutual ties over and over again. Teresa kindly took this picture of us and we were on our way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Larry and Teddy! I took this picture for you and I misplaced your card that you gave to me. I just found it and had to check out your blogsite. What a wonderful site. I just emailed my mother-in-law with your blogsite and hopefully she'll get a chance to check it out. I read through your site and it seems as though the two of you had a wonderful year of great travels. Thanks again for the opportunity to photograph you two and to have you recongize me. Teresa :-)

Larry & Teddy said...

Hi Teresa,
Thank you for your kind comments. I'm happy that you enjoyed this site. And thanks again for using my camera to snap our picture. If you visit Lake Havasu next winter you'll have to stop in and visit us. We will again be at Havasu Falls RV Resort from November to April.
Larry

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invitation but we already now ahead of time that we won't be able to visit my inlaws in Havasu next year. We have a daughter who will graduate from pharmacy school in May, a son who will graduate from NWTC in May also, and I will graduate the same week as our children from Silver Lake College with my masters. In addition to this, our future doctor in the family (daughter in pharmacy) will get married in Sept. of 2007. There are going to be too many expenses next year for us to make travel plans. I know you must know what I'm talking about. Maybe you'll meet up with my inlaws sometime. They have made Havasu their year round home since retiring a few years back from Marinette, WI. Thanks again for the invitation and have a wonderful summer "at home". Teresa :-)