About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Comfort Food follow-up

As promise here are some of the comfort foods that others have emailed me.

Rebecca in Michigan says, "My comfort food is "Sweedish Pancakes" Mom or Dad would make them for breakfast on Sunday mornings. It was the BEST way to wake up as a kid."
(She even included a picture of them.) Well, Rebecca, I must admit that "Sweedish Pancakes" are also a favorite of mine. Teddy just made a pan the other morning.

Laurie in Michigan says, "I'm very sorry, but your milktoast and poached eggs look and sound revolting. I almost got the heaves looking at the blog.......For me, I guess stuff like Kraft macaroni and cheese, sandwich spread at the deli with "mystery meat" leftovers, pizza rolls..... the more processed, the better!"
Sorry Laurie! And as for processed cheese...I don't think so! Give me an aged cheddar or some English Stilton.

Pat in Wisconsin says,"...ice cream is a good comfort food."
Agreed! How about a double dip of Leelanau black cherry ice cream on a waffle cone?

And finally Anonymous in Michigan says,"...I've had many a 'milk toast/poached egg'...'Must be our mothers knew each other, huh?"
Hmmmm, maybe!

So apparently it's just "different strokes for different folks."

No comments: