About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Teddy's Birthday (part 2)

Yesterday, Saturday the 28th, was Teddy's 63rd birthday. So in addition to last Saturday's suprise "Moody Blues" concert at Interlochen we celebrated yesterday afternoon with a beans & brats cookout with Teddy's mom and Fred & Deb. I had previously ordered this cake from Bunting's in Cedar and had Fred & Deb pick it up for me on their way back from work yesterday afternoon.
Teddy had insisted that she did not want a present beyond the MB concert so I presented her with a sealed box to open that contained absolutely nothing. After protesting that I should have not gotten her anything, she open the box and much to her (and Deb & Fred's) suprise there was nothing in the box. I then explained that was exactly what she had asked for. (nervous laughs all around)Then, Presto-Exchango, I pulled a jewlery box from my pocket and presented her with these Ruby & Diamond earrings. Ruby being her birthstone.
If I do say so myself, I think I did good! (grin)

No comments: