About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

At the Car Show

Last weekend there was a big car show here in Lake Havasu with several special events scheduled throughout the weekend. On Friday afternoon Teddy & I along with Gary & Jan Morse went to a general exhibit on several blocked off streets. According to the newspaper there were some 700 plus cars parked there on Friday and they had to turn away over 100 more for lack of parking space.. We spent a couple of hours wandering around looking at Hot Rods and restored cars. For the most part I didn't know much about what I was looking at as I have never really been into cars.
Here a few of the photos that Teddy & I took.
Teddy took a picture of this "Woodie".
Don't know what this is but I like it.
Lil' red Ford
They don't make Hudsons anymore
I think this to be a Pontiac?
Cool Pick-up
Another of Teddy's favorites.
They came in every color Imaginable.
'52 Stude.
He had to cut a hole to close the hood.
Of course, you gotta' have flames!
One of my faves was this '55 Chevy Bel-Air.
But probably the best car there was this little fellow's zero emissions 'Hot-Rod'

2 comments:

Chris said...

Nice pictures of the car show but that's a 1955 Chevy not a 53, sorry.

Travel on,

Larry & Teddy said...

Thanks, I'm changing the label.