About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

The First Name Basis Sinage Project

A sometimes hobby of mine is The First Name Basis Sinage Project which involves taking photos of signs advertising businesses/places, etc that are named after someone's first name, such as "Jim's Barber shop" or "Shorty's Pizza". It all began several years ago in the 90s when I began collecting photos of such signs just named "Larry's Whatever" thanks to my friend "Kevin Fenner" who gave me such a picture as a joke. However I later discovered some other folks (The Stakhanovite Twins) that had organized an online photo group that were seriously doing the same thing but not restricted to just one name.
It can become somewhat obsessive and Teddy thinks it to be a little bit crazy and refuses to accompany me on my occasional photo safaris to find such places. The photos are all on
Flickr, which is an online photo storage site where one can upload photos so that you can share with others. I have also kept on collecting my more narrowly defined "Larry" pictures and have started an open group for just those picts here. I also have started another group reserved just for pictures of people named "Larry".
When there are enough of us,
 We will rule the world!  he...he....he....he....he

No comments: