About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

My left knee update


My knee replacement appears to have been successful and I seem to be progressing satisfactorily (at least that's what they tell me).
These x-ray photos show how the titanium knee joint is attached to the leg bone. It appears that they actually seat the new joint into a drilled out a cavity.
With both knees now looking like this I am truly a bionic man. Ain't science wonderful?

It has now been four weeks since the surgery and as this pict shows the incision has healed nicely. I am now walking sans cane, albeit with a bit of a limp. The home visits from the therapist have run out as have the weekly visits by a nurse/phlebotomist to draw blood. Since my pacemaker was installed in February I have been on a daily dose of Coumadin  taken as a precautionary measure to prevent blood clots. Normally it is checked once a month but after surgery they check once a week.

So...I appear to have survived another of life's little traumas and am ready once again to do battle against the world.
Now, it's back to the kitchen remodeling of which my only involvement thus far has been with my checkbook. We are hoping to wind that up by next weekend just in time for the 4th of July and my 73rd birthday.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Glad to see your recovering well from surgery. Wow, my knee hurts just from looking at those pictures!

Unknown said...

That looks very painful. I'm hoping for your speedy recovery.

Take care and God bless.

Boracay accommodation