About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Waldies

A couple of weeks ago I bought this pair of Waldies for Teddy from their on-line store. Teddy already had a pair of knock-offs that she got last year at Wal-Mart and had been raving about how comfortable they were so I decided to get her a pair of the Waldie originals. You have a choice of 16 colors; I chose this color which they call mango, I call it orange.
Well, she liked them so much that I decided to get a pair for myself. This time in "blueberry". I'm gobsmacked...they are about the most comfortable shoes that I've ever worn. I can wear them in water, with or without socks, and I don't have to bend over to tie them. They're the only shoe that I'll ever need; I don't intend to ever walk in snow again (they might be a little cold for that) and if I have to wear a suit or tux, I'll just get a pair in black. I don't think that they put shoes on you in your casket but if they do...my Waldies will do just fine!

No comments: