About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Surgery Update

Well it’s been ten days since my knee surgery by Dr. Michael J. Peters of The Great Lakes Orthopaedic Center. I’m coming along nicely (I’m told, as I have no frame of reference). I stayed in Munson Hospital in Traverse City for three days and then was discharged to The Orchard Creek Nursing Home. While there I began the daily PT regimen. They really put the hurt on you but it has to happen if you are to recover normally. I was pretty freaked out while there and could not wait to get back to the trailer…finally convincing the Dr. to let me out on Tuesday the 19th. I feel so much better psychologically just being home here in the Cardinal. I have a Physical Therapist, Kal Farrell, who comes out three times a week and puts me through a really painful session to the point that he makes you scream like a little girl. I don’t complain though as I know that I have to go through this. I like Kal but as I told Teddy, I feel like a kid that has broken the garage window…you are happy to see your Dad when he comes home but you know that you are going to be punished.
I go into Traverse this afternoon to have the staples (shown in this pict) removed. All in all I'm glad that I had it done but I'm gonna' wait a while till the memory fades before I think about doing the other one.

No comments: