About Me

My photo
Cedar, Leelanau County, Michigan (near Traverse City), United States
I am a 76 year old (born 7/4/1937) retired Public Radio Engineer from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin. Happily married to the love of my life, Teddy (nee Teddy Schlueter). Teddy is a retired Medical Records Clerk from Theda Clark Hospital in Neenah, Wisconsin. Two children, Michael and Lon. Lon passed away in 1994. Michael is married to his wonderful wife, Toni and lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. For photos click on link below or visit our photo site http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo NOTE: Click on photos for full-size images.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Annual Snowbird Migration (part three)


Well...things didn't get all that better. Sunday morning at about 1 am I woke with my bandages wet with blood and excruciating pain in my arm. Teddy changed the dressing and rewrapped the arm. I tried to stick it out but it soon became apparent that we were going to have to go in to emergency at Theda Care's Appleton Medical Center. The emergency physician immediately called in an Ortho Doc. and in no time I was again in surgery. They found that the wound had hemorrhaged internally and I had lost a considerable amount of blood. So they stopped up the bleeding, put a drain tube in and sewed me back up again. Then after spending two more days in the hospital getting blood transfusions etc., I got discharged on Tuesday, April 29th and we finished the last leg of our trip on Wednesday traveling from Appleton to Traverse City.
We are again parked behind Teddy's sister & brother-in-law's cottage here in Leelanau County, Michigan, about 15 miles NW of Traverse City. We got settled in today, Thursday, May 1 and drove to Traverse to our Traverse City Doctor for a blood draw to check my Cumiden level and blood count and also visited My brother Lyle and his wife Kathy.
I have an appointment with Doctor Peters, my Orthopedic Doctor, on Wednesday, May 8th. and we'll see what happens then.
It's been a rough month for Larry but I hope to be all mended soon.

No comments: